Order -Notification of holidays from Thursday to Sunday i.e., November 9, 2023 to November 12, 2023 due to SMOG issued by the Secretary, Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department, Government of the Punjab, after approval from the Chief Ministe Vide Order NO.SO(G)/P&SHD/4-1/2023 dated 07 November, 2023. You can downloaed or read this Notification of Holidays in Lahore and Other Cities at Apni Web Zone.
Ff you are one of those looking for the answer of fowwling question and queries then you are at right place.
- smog holiday in lahore 2023 notification
- smog holidays notification 2023
- smog holiday notification
- friday holiday in lahore notification
- holidays in punjab due to smog notification
- smog in lahore today
- lahore holiday notification
- Friday holiday in pakistan notification
- Friday Holday Notification By S&GAD Punjab
The answer can be found as under: Completely explained in the order of Health Department Punjab
In light of environmental concerns leading to increased smog levels, Government of the Punjab is implementing a kind of thoughtful Smart Lockdown in Punjab, Pakistan. This means that our holidays will coincide with the upcoming Iqbal Day on November 9, 2023.
The contents of the notification are as under:
NO.SO(G)/P&SHD/4-1/2023. WHEREAS, the spread of Conjunctivitis / Pink Eye due to bacterial or viral infection, smoke, dust or chemical exposure is increasing day by day, which poses a serious and imminent threat to public health.
Hence, it is mandatory to take all possible safety measures for revention and control of this disease in the Province of Punjab.
AND WHEREAS, in my opinion there are sufficient grounds to proceed under Section 4(c), 5(1)(e) and 5(1)(f) of the Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Act, 2020”, as an immediate preventive and speedy remedy and the directions hereinafter appearing are necessary to ensure public health and conserve lives in the Province of Punjab.
NOW THEREFORE, I, Ali Jan Khan, Secretary, Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department, Government of the Punjab, after approval from the Chief Minister and in exercise of powers conferred under Section 4(c), 5(1)(e) and 5(1)(f) of the Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Act, 2020, do hereby order that there shall be “restricted movement” in the areas of Lahore Division (District Lahore, Nankana Sahib, Sheikhupura, Kasur), District Gujranwala, District Hafizabad, and District Narowal, having highest Air Quality Index (AQI) and potential hotspots for Conjunctivitis due to SMOG Furthermore, the following shall also be observed during Thursday to Sunday i.e.,
November 9, 2023 to November 12, 2023:
a. All markets, shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas, gymnasiums, schools
(public and private), and offices (public and private) shall remain closed
in these areas.
b. There shall be limited movement of people to and from these areas by
public and private transport.
c. In the closed areas the following shall be exempted from this order:
(1) Pharmacies/ Medical Stores, Medical Facilities and Vaccination Centers, Petrol Pumps, Oil Depots, Tandoors, Bakeries, Grocery / Karyana stores, Milk / Dairy Shops, Sweet Shops, Vegetable / Fruit Shops, Chicken / Meat Shops, E-commerce / Postal / Courier Services and Utility Services (Electricity, Natural Gas, Internet, Cellular Networks / Telecom.
(2) Large departmental stores will only keep their grocery / pharmacy sections open while all others sections will remain closed.
(3) Officials of Government departments on duty duly notified by respective departments.
(4) Judges, Lawyers and Court staff.
(5) Personnel related to Health Services including Hospitals,
Clinics, Laboratories collection points and Medical stores.
(6) Personnel related to Law Enforcement Agencies.
(7) Personnel related to Essential Services / Offices going to perform their duties or providing essential services.
(8) Persons in need of medical care with two attendants where necessary.
(9) Persons going to buy grocery and medicines within the vicinity of their residence.
(10) Necessary / unavoidable religious rites like the last rites, Namaze-Janaza, burial and related vents.
(11) Utility Companies: WASAs, Municipalities, WAPDA, NTDC, DISCOs and SNGPL.
(12) Takeaway / Home delivery from restaurants.
(13) Any exemption that may be deemed necessary by the Commissioner of the concerned division.
Read Complete Notification of Holidays in Punjab November, 2023 in cluding Iqbal Day Holyday 9 November, 2023
You may be interest to read Friday Holday Notification By S&GAD Punjab