Fire extinguishers are a essential piece of safety equipment and considered to be in any home, business or public building. They provide a quick and effective way to put out small fires before they become expand to larger, more dangerous ones scale. In the event of a fire, it is important to know how to use a fire extinguisher properly and how to choose the right type for the situation. Here are five important facts about the importance of fire extinguishers.
1. Types of Fire Extinguishers: Fire extinguishers come in a variety of sizes, shapes and types. The most common types are water, foam, dry chemical and carbon dioxide. Depending on the type of fire, different extinguishers are more effective than others. It is important to select the right type according to the type of fire.
2. Location and Maintenance: Fire extinguishers must be placed in accessible locations and should be inspected regularly according to manufacturers’ instructions. This includes checking for damage, corrosion and making sure that the pressure gauge is in the “green” zone.
3. Operation: In the event of a fire, it is important to know how to properly and safely use a fire extinguisher. First, check the area for any potential hazards such as smoke or heat. Stand six to eight feet away from the fire and aim the extinguisher at the base of the flames. Squeeze the handle and sweep the nozzle back and forth until the fire is out.
4. Safety: When using a fire extinguisher, always make sure that the area is clear and that other people are not in the vicinity. Never use water on an electrical or flammable liquid fire, as these can cause electrical shock or worsen the fire.
5. Training: Everyone in a home or business should be familiar with the types of extinguishers and how to use them properly. Regular fire safety training should be conducted to ensure that everyone is prepared in the event of a fire.
why is a fire extinguisher important?
Fire extinguishers are an important part of any fire safety plan. Knowing the types of fire extinguishers, how to select the right one for the situation, how to use them properly and where to keep them can help save lives and property. Regular fire safety training and maintenance are also essential for ensuring that everyone is prepared in case of a fire.
Here are another major 5 points about importance of a fire extinguisher
1. A fire extinguisher can help to quickly and safely put out small fires before they become larger and more dangerous.
2. Fire extinguishers provide a way to fight fires at the source, thus reducing the risk of injury and property damage.
3. Fire extinguishers can be used to put out electrical fires, thus preventing further risk of injury or damage.
4. Fire extinguishers can help to limit the spread of fire, thus reducing the need for costly fire damage repairs or replacements.
5. Fire extinguishers can help to reduce the risk of smoke inhalation, which is a major health concern in the event of a fire.
Fire extinguishers play an important role in protecting property against fire damage and can be very effective if used correctly.
We have prepared a list of best selling and rated fire extinguisher on Amazon, hopefully you would like to buy.
1-First Alert HOME1 Rechargeable Standard Home Fire Extinguisher UL Rated 1-A:10-B:C, Red
About this item
- First Alert’s HOME1 FE1A10GR Fire Extinguisher is UL rated 1-A: 10-B:C; it features durable all-metal construction with a commercial-grade metal valve and trigger to meet demanding needs
- Multipurpose fire extinguisher fights wood, paper, trash, plastics, gasoline, oil, and electrical-equipment fires
- First Alert’s Rechargeable Fire Extinguisher can be recharged by a certified professional after use, allowing for reuse.
- Metal pull pin with a safety seal to help prevent accidental discharge and tampering; corrosion-resistant, easy-to-read, color-coded metal gauge; waterproof label with easy instructions
- U.S. Coast Guard–approved for marine use. Lightweight and easy to use
- First Alert has been the most trusted brand in home safety since launching the first residential smoke alarm in 1958 (Based on a First Alert brand trust survey in February 2018)
- Pull pin with safety seal to deter accidental discharge or tampering
First Alert HOME1 Rechargeable Standard Home Fire Extinguisher
Brand: FIRST ALERT
Power Source: Battery
Item Dimensions: LxWxH 4.25 x 4 x 15 inches
Item Weight: 4.5 Pounds